If you are working on your computer daily you will know any shortcut can be a life saver. We want to be able to work as quickly and efficiently as possible. Recently Reddit has released a new thread that revealed many new shortcuts for both PC and Mac users. Take a look as some of the most useful tips below.
· Did you know if you type cmd into your address bar on file explorer it opens command prompt.
· Do you need to keep doing the same task over and over? Pressing F4 in Excel will repeat your last command. For example if you need to keep highlighting different rows you could press F4 to repeat this action.
· Do you hate print screening then having to crop the picture? Well there is actually a simple tool you can use to solve this problem Search for the snippet tool and then you print screen a specific part of your page.
· Did you know on Google Chrome you can bring up the console by pressing F12? This will then allow you to look at images on a website and it can even allow you temporarily edit text.
· Do you need to move you current window so you can look at another piece of work? The window key + a direction arrow will allow you to do exactly this.
· Do you need to step away from your screen for a moment? The Windows Key + L will automatically lock your computer.
· Do you love watching YouTube videos? There are keyboard shortcuts that work when you’re playing a video. K will allow you to pause the video and J and L go forwards and backwards.
· Can’t find the tab you’re looking for? Control + tab will go through your browser tabs one by one.
How many of these shortcuts did you know? Do any work for you?
If you need help with any of your current business computer systems gets in contact with my team at Applewood IT, we can make sure everything is up to date so your team can work as efficiently as possible. Call 020 3141 8833 to arrange a consultation.
Or visit http://apple-wood.co.uk/ to see more our services.