Security Service Engineer / Trainee Security Installation Engineer
Location: 2 The Quarry, Betchworth, Surrey, RH3 7BY
Salary: £25k – £35k Dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time – 40 hours per week
Founded in 2019, Applewood Fire & Security Limited have become an established company with a focus on staff wellbeing and improvement. The company prides itself in offering not only conventional fire and security solutions but unique and state of the art systems that stand out from the crowd. This not only gives our customers value for money, it also provides our staff with unique challenges and opportunities to expand their knowledge in other fields such as Wi-Fi and Fibre networking.
About the role:
Your role will be to install and maintain a range of Intruder, Access Control, CCTV and Fire Systems, working independently and assisting other engineers. You may be required to work away from time to time.
We seek an individual who wants to progress their career with us, be able to resolve issues with a “can do” attitude and to become an important and valued member of the Applewood team for the long term.
The successful candidate will have:
- Positive working attitude
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Comply with Health and Safety systems and responsibilities
- Complete reports and paperwork as required
- A Full Driving Licence
- You will be required to clear a DBS check
- CSCS / ECS Card (Will be provided)
- Industry Qualifications and Accreditations (preferred but not essential)
- IPAF and PASMA Licence (preferred but not essential)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of CCTV systems, Intruder alarms and access control to NSI standards. Preferred but not essential, IP CCTV/Network experience. Training will be provided.
- Comfortable working in residential and commercial premises with some experience of building site working
- Complete installations as part of a team or on your own.
- Be readily available to support your colleagues where required
- Project a high level of quality customer services at all times, offering a personal approach, and maintaining/developing good relations with clients and colleagues.
- Actively support at all times, company policy and best practice.
- Taking an active part in the on-call system.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is required
- Company van with fuel card
- Uniform and PPE
- Industry training and accreditations
- Career development opportunities
- 20 days holidays plus UK bank holidays
- Additional days holiday for years’ service
- Eye care and annual glasses/lens cost contribution
- Flexible working – TOIL arrangement
- Commission on sales leads
- Use of company vehicle for personal use (subject to fuel contribution)